The Snow Queen and the Lost Book of Charms
A transporting, immersive experience, based on the original fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.. Kai is frozen in the winter landscape. Her friend Gerda must rescue her by crafting poems from ice. With the help of the audience, the icy words are assembled into a spell to end the Snow Queen’s magic. As children help to unfreezing Kai, she performs a dance in celebration. The piece ends with a traditional Finnish circle dance which children and families join.
• Ideal for children and families
• Interactive, with opportunities for children to help in the rescue mission
• Children learn a traditional Finish circle dance
• Low tech requirements (we provide our own PA)
• 3 people on the road or 2 people and one emerging artist who we will work with from your community (2 hours rehearsal required, ideal for performing arts student aged 16+)
• Travels between two spaces on your festival site or within your building. Ideal for guiding audiences to explore new spaces