Climb aboard a playground swing; don a VR headset; and take flight in one of four award-winning Leonardo da Vinci virtual flying machines! Flap and soar over cliffs as an Ornithopter bird-person; ascend to join a psychedelic aerial ballet in your Helical Screw; shoot into satellite orbit from a renaissance cannon, to (hopefully) float safely back to ground in a Parachute; or bank and weave in a Glider performing across an extraterrestrial landscape.”
Volo celebrates the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s creations, and is inspired by his fabulous flying contraptions, his studies of flight and his pioneering work on perspective and optical instruments.
Undulate on the solar winds as around you gliders climb and dive, weaving trails across a futuristic desertscape. But watch the skies… you are not alone in this extraterrestrial airspace.
Fly like a bird, swooping low over a tempestuous sea, through city streets, and over mountain passes. Follow your guardian angels… straight into the flightpath of a nearby airport.
Propel yourself up, up and away! Perform in a swirling aerial ballet that will paint psychedelic patterns high above the countryside below. You’ll be spellbound, at least until that storm rolls in…
Rocket skyward to reach the edge of space. Burst through a kaleidoscopic barrage of fireworks, then float on the breeze, swaying serenely towards the earth. But who packed your parachute?
– up to 8 x 2.8m swing cubes as standard – many layouts possible
– up to 4 x cantilevered swings designed for trees (optional)
– 1 x wheelchair accessible swing platform (optional)
– 4 different 4.5 minute da Vincian flying machine experiences
– 12 rides per swing per hour
– VR headsets enough to run nonstop 24/7 at 100% capacity
– reaching audiences aged 8+ (recommended)
– inclusive and widely accessible
– staff training included
Your fixed hire cost will depend on the number of swings and days in public operation. Your variable costs will depend on location and on-site provisions. Email us with your requirements for an estimate, and to start a conversation.
-1 van + 1 build crew per 4 swings
– setup 4 hours
– 1 technician during operation
– public liability insurance
– optional Sci-Art public talks
– site access and parking
– 2 build crew per 4 swings
– 1 swing operator per 2 swings
– secure location for charging
– hospitality for our crew