XTRAX is hiring a full-time Marketing Manager to join the team, to devise and deliver high-impact marketing strategies for both XTRAX and Without Walls.
XTRAX, managers of Without Walls, is an outdoor arts organisation based in Manchester, UK. We are one of the UK’s leading development agencies for the outdoor arts sector, supporting artists and festivals to develop, programme and advocate for high-quality, UK-made, outdoor performance. We run self-initiated projects, events and showcases; as well as providing strategic management and producer services.
Key role information:
- Salary: £26,000- £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Hours of work: Full-time (5 days a week). We will consider proposals from exceptional candidates who would like to propose an alternative model of working. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required (particularly during festival season).
- Contract duration: Fixed term contract to 31.03.2023 with the possibility of extension, subject to funding.
- Location: Manchester, UK (role is office based, with some homeworking possible each week). Some UK travel will be required (particularly during festival season).
- Start date: ASAP
Key role documents:
- The recruitment pack can be downloaded as a PDF here, or Word Document here. This includes the Job Description and Person Specification
- Our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form is downloadable as a Word Document here
About the role
We are looking for an innovative, forward thinking and dynamic marketing professional to join the XTRAX team. You should have the skills and experience to devise and deliver high-impact marketing strategies for both XTRAX and Without Walls, and to evaluate the success of these strategies.
The role will support the growth of XTRAX’s brand, profile and reputation and that of its UK and international projects, and will be involved in developing communications to arts professionals and those working in the outdoor arts and festival sector. This includes artists, bookers of outdoor work, festival personnel including marketing leads and artistic directors, agents, company tour managers, producers, cultural managers at local authorities and other stakeholders.
While experience of arts marketing would be welcome, we are also looking for someone with motivation and tenacity. Please don’t be put off if you think you match some of the person specification but not all of it – we would like to hear from you if you think you can do the job.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- Your CV. This should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to the role, and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
- A cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role. This should be no longer than 2-pages of A4.
- We will accept a variety of formats for applications, such as audio or video files, that contain the information described above. Audio or video files should not be more than 10 minutes in length.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This will be separated from your application at the shortlisting stage, but it helps us to understand and improve who our advertisements are reaching. You can download the form here. Completion of the form is voluntary.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this role then contact our Associate Director, Ralph Kennedy, at email@example.com.
The deadline for completed applications is 10 am on Monday 29 November. Interviews will take place on Monday 6 December, either online or in-person in Manchester.
Featured image: BONDED by Alleyne Dance © Lidia Crisafulli; a Without Walls Commission