The deadline for this recruitment has now passed, sign up for our mailings here to find out more about future opportunities.
- Recruitment Pack, including background information about XTRAX and Without Walls, a Job Description and Person Specification. Available as a High-Quality PDF, and Word Document
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
- Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 depending on experience
- Hours of work: Full time (40 hours per week including lunch breaks), although part-time may be considered
- Duration of Post: Fixed-term, maternity cover contract until July 2022, with the possibility of extension
- Start Date: As soon as possible
About the role
The Project Managers of XTRAX are responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of projects and events.
Working closely with core XTRAX staff and partners, the post holder will contribute to the delivery of XTRAX showcases, both in the UK and internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, organised and creative individual to join our team.
XTRAX has a national and international reputation in the dynamic and varied field of Outdoor Arts festivals, and our day-to-day work involves working with artists, festivals and a range of partners to deliver new arts works to audiences across the country and internationally, raising the profile of this important and accessible area of the arts.
XTRAX is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to reflect and celebrate diversity in all aspects of our work and relationships including with artists, audiences, staff, board and partners. Our team is drawn from many different backgrounds and cultures. We especially welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse individuals and D/deaf and disabled people.
If you are a non-British citizen, please ensure you have the right to live and work in the UK. We are legally required to request proof of your right to work before an offer of employment can be made.
We realise that we could miss out on incredible talent joining XTRAX because someone might not see themselves in every single one of these criteria. For example, research shows that Black, Asian and ethnically diverse women are less likely to apply to a role if they do not meet all criteria. Please do not be put off if you feel you do not tick all of the boxes below – if you think you could be great for this job, but are not entirely sure, please apply anyway, or contact Annika Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job role as the email subject, and we would be happy to discuss the role with you or answer any questions you may have.
We hope to be able to hold interviews in person at our office in Manchester though we will accommodate online interviews for those unable to travel; we will pay for travel expenses for any in-person interviews that take place.
We will also pay reasonable costs relating to access or interpretation needs. In-person interviews would take place in a socially distanced and Covid secure manner.
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- A CV – which should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to this role, including responsibilities held and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
- A cover letter – telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role and any support or development you require to be successful in the position.
- Our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – this will be separated from your application at the shortlisting stage, but it helps us to understand and improve who our advertisements are reaching. You can download the form here. Completion of the form is voluntary.
We will also accept applications as audio or video files that contain the information described above. These should not be more than 10 minutes in length.
Please send your documents to Adam Cooper at email@example.com with the subject header ‘Project Manager – Maternity Cover’.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this role then contact our General Manager Annika Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for completed applications is 12 noon, on Thursday 16th September.
Interviews will take place the following week, on Friday 24th September.
Image: Adrift by Kapow © Stockton Borough Council (SIRF, 2019); a Without Walls Commission