Join the team at XTRAX, and build experience in the management of a dynamic arts organisation as our new Finance and Operations Assistant / Bookkeeper.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail who would like to work in the field of finance and administration. This role is particularly suited to someone looking to build a career in the management of arts and events, but the experience is transferable as strong financial skills are the foundation of any successful business.
XTRAX is one of the UK’s leading development agencies for the outdoor arts sector, supporting artists and festivals to develop, programme and advocate for high-quality, UK-made, outdoor performance. Based in Manchester, we run self-initiated projects, events, and showcases; as well as managing outdoor arts consortium Without Walls.
- Recruitment Pack, including background information about XTRAX and Without Walls, a Job Description and Person Specification: available as a PDF here, and Word Document here
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
- Salary:£18,000 – 22,000 p/a pro rata (dependent on experience)
- Hours of work: Full time (40 hours per week). We will consider proposals from exceptional candidates who would like to propose an alternative model of working, including freelance or working as Bookkeeper only (on a one day per week basis).
- Duration of Post: Fixed-term contract to 31 March 2023 with the possibility of extension, subject to funding.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to support the finance team with processing and maintaining accurate finance records for both XTRAX and Without Walls, to ensure both organisations are able to meet internal and statutory obligations. In addition, the post holder will work across the team to offer operational support, including record keeping and office management.
The role is part of the Finance Team of XTRAX and, as such, will work closely with the Finance Manager and General Manager.
Further, the postholder will support the team with the operational management of XTRAX and Without Walls, including office management, record keeping and evaluation preparation, as well as setting up and maintaining office management systems in collaboration with the Marketing and Administration Assistant.
- Enter and maintain financial records on Sage/QuickBooks, including purchases, grants, and sales.
- Log expense claims from staff and partners, checking the correct receipts are in place and claims are in line with relevant expense policies.
- Ensure internal Finance Procedures are followed at all times, especially around payments and authorisation.
- Support the creation of grant offer letters.
- Provide administrative support in Open Call and tender processes for Without Walls.
- Assist in gathering evaluation data and keeping accurate records of all activities delivered by XTRAX and Without Walls, as well as data on office usage.
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- Your CV. This should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to the role, and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
- A cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role. This should be no longer than 2-pages of A4.
- We will accept a variety of formats for applications, such as audio or video files, that contain the information described above. Audio or video files should not be more than 10 minutes in length.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This will be separated from your application at the shortlisting stage, but it helps us to understand and improve who our advertisements are reaching. You can download the form here. Completion of the form is voluntary.
Please send your application to Rebecca McGreevy at email@example.com with the subject header ‘Finance and Operations Assistant’.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this role then contact our Finance Manager, Adam Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for completed applications is 10 am on Thursday 20 January 2022. Interviews will take place on Thursday 27 or Friday 28 January 2022, either online or in-person in Manchester.
Image: BONDED by Alleyne Dance © Ash Mills; a Without Walls Commission