The deadline for this job opportunity has passed, however XTRAX is delivering a range of projects in 2022 and is always interested in hearing from experienced freelancers with skills in the following areas:
Marketing and Communications
Producing and touring outdoor work
Production Management of outdoor work
International touring particularly with experience of touring in Europe post Brexit
If you would like to be added to our list of Freelance suppliers please email your CV and an introductory letter to Annika Edge, General Manager, email@example.com with ‘Freelance Supplier’ in the subject header.
Join the team: Marketing and Administrative Assistant
The deadline for this job opportunity has passed.
Support the delivery of engaging new marketing content, and assist in the preparation of all XTRAX events as our Marketing and Administrative Assistant.
XTRAX is one of the UK’s leading development agencies for the outdoor arts sector, supporting artists and festivals to develop, programme and advocate for high-quality, UK-made, outdoor performance. Based in Manchester, we run self-initiated projects, events, and showcases; as well as managing outdoor arts consortium Without Walls.
- Recruitment Pack, including background information about XTRAX and Without Walls, a Job Description and Person Specification: available as a PDF here, and Word Document here
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
- Salary:£18,000 – 22,000 p/a pro rata (dependent on experience)
- Hours of work: Full time (40 hours per week). We will consider proposals from candidates who would like to propose an alternative model of working, including part-time or freelance work.
- Duration of Post: Fixed term contract to 31 March 2023 with the possibility of extension, subject to funding.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to support the marketing and project teams with delivering marketing and administrative support for our events and strategic activity programme across XTRAX and Without Walls. The role requires a high level of organisation and attention to detail and sits across the Marketing Team and Project Team of XTRAX.
The postholder will market and publicise the programme of events and activities delivered by XTRAX and Without Walls in the UK and internationally. This includes showcases, artist opportunities, performances, artists, festivals and associated activities across all XTRAX projects, including the strategic management of Without Walls.
Further, the postholder will support the Project Management team with administration of showcase events, meetings and trainings, as well as collating information from artists and supporting the open call and evaluation processes in collaboration with the Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Support the promotion of XTRAX and Without Walls activities online, in print and through Social Media
- Support the creation of exciting new creative content, both in house, with others in the team, and with external providers
- Use design tools to create branded promotional materials including leaflets, booklets, business cards, posters and more
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of all XTRAX events including meetings, webinars and training events
- Support the delegate registration process for XTRAX showcase events, liaising with artists and promoters as required
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- Your CV. This should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to the role, and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
- A cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role. This should be no longer than 2-pages of A4.
- We will accept a variety of formats for applications, such as audio or video files, that contain the information described above. Audio or video files should not be more than 10 minutes in length.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This will be separated from your application at the shortlisting stage, but it helps us to understand and improve who our advertisements are reaching. You can download the form here. Completion of the form is voluntary.
Please send your application to Rebecca McGreevy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Marketing and Administrative Assistant’.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this role then contact our Associate Director, Ralph Kennedy email@example.com.
The deadline for completed applications is 10 am on Thursday, 20 January 2022. Interviews will take place on Thursday 27 or Friday 28 January 2022, either online or in-person in Manchester.
Image: Black Victorians by Jeanefer Jean-Charles © Ash Mills; a Without Walls Commission