Deadline: Monday 13th August, 5 pm
We are looking for artists and companies to pitch new outdoor projects to delegates at our brand new event, the XTRAX / Freedom Festival Showcase.
Successful artists will get the chance to present a project to people who can potentially commission, present or support it in other ways including in-kind or low-cost provision of rehearsal space, mentoring, or advocacy. For festival programmers and event producers, it complements the showcase programme by providing them with an additional chance to network, and find out about new work.
Projects presented as part of XTRAX Shorts have often gone on to be supported, commissioned or booked by those in attendance.
This opportunity is open to anyone with an idea for a project that will tour in 2019.
What we are looking for:
The projects should be new shows in development that have a clear development schedule. We will consider existing shows if they have not toured widely in the UK. If you want to present an existing show, please explain where and when it has been presented and why it should be given this platform.
Projects can be of any scale. Whilst we welcome proposals for large-scale projects many of the programmers will be looking for small and medium-scale work that can easily be toured abroad.
What will happen:
- XTRAX Shorts pitches will be delivered in person to showcase delegates. Presenters should be able to speak in English, clearly and concisely, about their show or idea while providing a dynamic and interesting pitch. Many of the audience will be international delegates, for whom English is not their first language
- Presentations should be supported by visual aids – photographs, drawings or films – we will provide a screen and a laptop so that PowerPoint can be used. We invite you to be creative in your approach to the presentation
- Presentations should last no longer than 5 minutes in total – We usually don’t offer time for follow-up questions. However, there will be networking afterwards
- The XTRAX Shorts sessions will take place on the morning of Saturday 1st September 10:00 – 12:00 at Kardomah94, Hull
- XTRAX Shorts will be chaired by an MC who will introduce the presentations
- XTRAX will be documenting the pitches at Freedom Festival. We will update successful applicants on this.
How to Apply:
Download an application form and complete this in its entirety.
Deadline for applications is Monday 13th August, 5 pm
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the company/ artist name, project name and ‘Freedom Festival – XTRAX Shorts application’ in the subject line.
Successful applicants will be notified by 17th August 2018.