THIS OPPORTUNITY IS NOW CLOSED
On Thursday 25th & Friday 26th February 2021 XTRAX is joining forces with Tête-à-Tête, Germany’s biggest international street theatre festival and Bússola, Portugal’s leading agency for Outdoor Arts to host our first virtual XTRAX Shorts pitching event.
If you are an artist that has an outdoor project ready to tour from summer 2021 and beyond you can apply now to be part of this event.
The deadline is: Monday 4 January, 12:00 pm (noon) GMT.
What is XTRAX Shorts?
XTRAX Shorts is a platform event for artists and companies to pitch work to UK and international promoters, producers, and outdoor arts professionals who might like to commission, book their work or support it in other ways, such as in-kind or low-cost provision of rehearsal space, mentoring, or advocacy. For programmers and producers, this is a chance to network with peers in the international circuit and discover new work from a broad range of artists
How to apply
- Download and read the guidance notes, found on the right of this page.
- Click here to complete the application form.
- Deadline Monday 4 January, 12:00 pm (noon) GMT.
We expect to inform applicants if they have been successful or not on the week starting the 18th of January.
Who can apply?
Any UK artist or company from any artistic discipline with an outdoor project that is available for touring from summer 2021 can apply.
What projects can be presented?
- New shows that are available to tour in summer 2021.
- Projects can be of any scale.
- Due to the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, we are particularly keen to feature work from artists and companies that consider their work currently safe for presentation.
How will projects be presented?
- The event will be hosted virtually on Zoom.
- Presentations should last no longer than 5 minutes in total.
- Pitches will be pre-recorded with a member of the XTRAX team and then screened on the day of the event.
- Following your pitch, you will be invited for a short Q&A with our international delegates who will ask some questions to find out more about you and your work for international audiences.
XTRAX is offering a bursary of £150 for all artists and companies based in the UK who are selected to pitch at the event for their time and contributions. More information will be available at point of selection.
XTRAX ID (xtrax.org.uk/directory/) is our free listing of over 2000 UK and international street artists, shows, promoters, outdoor arts festivals and events. As part of this event we ask that you create a profile, or updated your existing one, to reflect your company and show you would like to present.
This activity is supported by Platform 4:UK, XTRAX’s Arts Council of England funded project for international collaboration in outdoor arts.