- Recruitment Pack, including background information about XTRAX and Without Walls, a Job Description and Person Specification. Available in High-quality (PDF) | Low-quality (WORD) | Easy read (WORD)
- Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
- Hours of work: Full-time (40 hours per week including lunch breaks)
- Responsible to: XTRAX Director
- Responsible for: Marketing Officer; Communications and Creative Media Assistant; Freelance staff, external contractors and volunteers
- Duration of Post: 12-month fixed term contract with the possibility of renewal
- Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking a skilled Marketing and Communications professional, with an aptitude for development and fundraising, and experience in managing people and budgets. The role involves working with a wide range of partners and offers the opportunity to work with a unique organisation with a national and international reach. Whilst the role has responsibility for Development and Fundraising, this is currently a proportionately smaller part of the role than the Communications function, and external support is available to ensure the effective delivery of fundraising targets.
This is an important role for the company, and we are looking for an experienced communications professional who wants to work within a successful arts business. XTRAX has a national and international reputation in the dynamic and varied field of outdoor arts festivals, and our day-to-day work involves working with artists, festivals and a range of partners to deliver new arts works to audiences across the country and internationally, raising the profile of this important and accessible area of the arts.
As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, outdoor arts events are some of the first arts activities to be presented. We are keen to maximise the impact of this increased interest in our work.
It is an exciting time to join the company; we have enjoyed a period of growth over the last three years, with increased demand for our work and a growing staff team. We have recently increased the staff in the marketing team, and the post holder will be responsible for managing the Marketing Officer and a Communications and Creative Media Assistant.
Although arts experience is welcomed it is not a requirement of the role – we recognise that the skills and experience we need are transferable from other sectors and such as the community and charity world.
XTRAX is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to reflect and celebrate diversity in all aspects of our work and relationships including with artists, audiences, staff, board and partners. Our team is drawn from many different backgrounds and cultures. We especially welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse individuals and D/deaf and disabled people.
If you are a non-British citizen, please ensure you have the right to live and work in the UK. We are legally required to request proof of your right to work before an offer of employment can be made.
We realise that we could miss out on incredible talent joining XTRAX because someone might not see themselves in every single one of these criteria below. For example, research shows that black, Asian and ethnically diverse women are less likely to apply to a role if they do not meet all criteria. Please do not be put off if you feel you do not tick all of the boxes below – if you think you could be great for this job, but are not entirely sure, please apply anyway, or contact Annika Edge, General Manager, with the job role as the email subject, and we would be happy to discuss the role with you or answer any questions you may have.
Interviews will likely be held online; we will pay for travel expenses for any in-person interviews that take place afterwards. We will also pay reasonable costs relating to access or interpretation needs.
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- A CV – which should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to this role, including responsibilities held and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
- A cover letter – telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role and any support or development you require to be successful in the position.
- Our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – this will be separated from your application at the shortlisting stage, but it helps us to understand and improve who our advertisements are reaching. You can download the form here. Completion of the form is voluntary
We will also accept applications as audio or video files that contain the information described above. These should not be more than 10 minutes in length.
Please send your documents to Adam Cooper at email@example.com with the subject header ‘Communications & Development Manager’.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this role then contact our General Manager Annika Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for completed applications is 10 am on Tuesday 6th July.
Interviews will take place via zoom the following week, probably on the 15th or 16th July.
Image: Good Youtes Walk by Far from the Norm © Luke Witcomb (Norfolk + Norwich Festival, May 2021); a Without Walls Commission