SIRF: Saturday 3 August 2019 | Stockton-On-Tees | UK
Freedom Festival: Saturday 31st August 2019 | Hull | UK
Deadline for applications: Monday 8 July 2019, 5 pm (UK time)
As part of our SIRF and Freedom Festival showcase, we’re offering artists the chance to pitch new projects to UK and international promoters.
XTRAX Shorts is our impactful brand of artists presentations. It helps get new projects booked or commissioned. Projects featuring in past editions include Doctor! Doctor!! by Safetycatch Theatre; Fantabulosa! by Tickertape Parade; Celestial Sound Cloud by Pif-Paf; Klankaphonum by APUS Productions, and Scalped by Initiative.dkf.
What we’re looking for:
For our showcases in Stockton and Hull
- We’re looking for artists and companies that can give imaginative pitches about outdoor projects in development to an audience of UK and international festival and event representatives, producers, and others working in the sector.
- We want to show a diverse range of new work that will tour in 2020.
- We will consider proposals for large-scale work, our audience tends to be especially interested in small to mid-scale pieces.
- Pitches are to be delivered in person and in English to showcase delegates; so presenters need to be able to speak clearly and concisely about their show or idea
- Presentations should be supported by visual aids. We invite you to be creative in your approach to the presentation
- Presentations that are no longer than 5 minutes in total
How to apply:
Please complete the application form in its entirety.
Please email your application to email@example.com by Monday 8th July, 5 pm
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 12th July.
References: You do not have to supply a reference with this proposal, but you can include a letter of support from a promoter, funding officer or a fellow professional contact. This would be especially useful if you are an artist or company new to outdoor arts.
If you have any queries or require the information in an alternative format, please contact Elena at on +44 (0)161 227 8383.