Platform 4 brought two fantastic days and two spectacular nights of spectacular free outdoor events to the heart of Manchester, attracting 35,000 people, spanning 3 days and 2 evenings over the weekend of 19th-21st August, 2011.
- The Festival presented 18 companies who performed 68 shows over 3 days and 2 nights, across 3 city venues
- 126 performers were programmed; of which 39 were local and 19 International
- Over 21,000 people attended Platform 4; 8000 of which came to night-time performances in Castlefield
- Television coverage from North West Tonight was secured, promoting the event, and the city, across the region
- The festival supported the work of local performance groups, Company Fierce Dance Academy, Contact’s Young Actors and Mixed Movement
- This year we were able to deliver a captioned performance of our finale show in Castlefield Arena. We also provided BSL interpretation and audio descriptions for two of our daytime shows.
- We employed 19 casual staff over the duration of the festival