Seminar for artists and producers
Aimed at artists and producers wanting to create and tour work in the outdoor sector, this session was suitable for those who are new to this area of work as well as those who are already working in outdoor arts.
The session included
• An introduction for artists on presenting work in outdoor settings
• practical information that artists, producers and presenters need to know about working in outdoor settings
• information about touring opportunities in the UK and internationally
For this seminar we have invited speakers with expertise in the outdoor arts sector and experience of creating and touring work in many contexts across Europe and beyond;
• Jeni Barnard, Co-Artistic Director of Acrojou, a UK company specialising in German Wheel, who have toured widely in the UK and internationally
• Yohann Floch, International Relations Manager for Hors Les Murs (France) and Co-ordinator of Circostrada, the European Network of Street Arts and Circus promoters
• Tanja Ruiter, Co-Director of HH Producties in the Netherlands, represents a number of outdoor arts companies as an agent, organising touring across Europe and beyond, and also works as a programme consultant for a number of European festivals.
The seminar will be chaired by XTRAX Director and founder, Maggie Clarke.
There will be time for networking and discussion after the event.
Seminar for Promoters
This introductory session on outdoor arts programming and delivery will cover areas such as programming models; health and safety; practical requirements of artists; typical budget models; where to find information about artists; conventions in outdoor arts regarding contracting and expectations of promoters and artists; resources available; international networks; audience development; participation and audience and economic assessment to build the case for future investment.
The seminar will be led by highly experienced artistic director and outdoor arts strategist, Bill Gee and will include presentations from promoters with experience of working in different contexts from across the UK. It will be an interactive day of discussion and case-studies designed to equip you with all the information you need to be able to deliver your outdoor events with confidence.