This session was part of the XTRAX/SIRF 2021 Outdoor Arts Showcase, which took place online 28-29 July 2021.
In 2021, a debilitated post-pandemic arts scene, as well as limitations imposed by Brexit Britain, have had a considerable impact on UK festival programmes, which are, inevitably, not able to present the same number of international artists. With the challenges of presenting international programmes becoming apparent, now is a time to reflect on the reasons for continuing to do so, as well as to look at strategies for the near future. This panel discussion brought together experienced speakers to discuss the value that internationalisation brings to the outdoor arts sector, as well as to find tools for navigating the current challenges.
- Chair: Irene Segura, International Relations and Artist Development at XTRAX
- Kate Wood, Executive and Artistic Director, Activate – Dorset, UK
- Dom Kippin, Outdoor Arts producer, Activate – Dorset, UK
- Marie Fol, President of On the Move – France
- Vicki Amedume, Artistic Director of Upswing – London, UK